2010 - present Instructor for Ballet, Modern Dance, Dance History, Choreography & Dance Criticism at Wagner College–Staten Island, NY
2011 Guest Artist at NYU Gallatin–New York, NY
2010 - 2013 Instructor for Ballet, Dance Perspectives & World Dance at Lehman College (CUNY) –Bronx, NY
2010 - 2011 Instructor at Wooster Group The Summer Institute–New York, NY
2008 - 2009 Instructor for Argentinean Tango at Sarah Lawrence College –Bronxville, NY
2007 - 2011 Instructor for Argentinean Tango at Mark Morris Dance Center –New York, NY
2006 - present Instructor for Ballet at Peridance Capezio Center –New York, NY
2006 - 2008 Instructor for Modern Dance at New Dance Group –New York, NY
2005 - 2012 Instructor for Ballet at Dance New Amsterdam – New York, NY
2005 - 2007 Instructor for Ballet at Taiwan Center –New York, NY
2005 Instructor for Ballet and Modern Master Classes at Atlanta Ballet –Atlanta, GA
2005 - present Instructor for Modern Dance & Ballet (Resident Artist) at Randolph College (formerly Randoph -Macon Woman College), Lynchburg, VA
2001 Instructor for Ballet Master Class at Agnes Scott College –Atlanta, GA
2001 Instructor for Modern Dance Master Class at UGA University -Atlanta, GA
1999 – 2001 Instructor for various Ballet at The Stable, Brooklyn, NY
1994 - present Founder, Director & Instructor
L’Atelier Centro Creativo de Danza Bahia Blanca, Argentina
Founded to promote dance as an expression of art, integrating the physical, aesthetic and creative aspects in dance. Courses include Ballet and repertory, Choreography, Modern Dance (Graham & Limon technique), Flamenco, Modern Jazz, Tango, Argentine Folklore, History of Dance, Pedagogy, Methodology of Teaching, French, Anatomy and Analysis of Movement.
2003- 2007 Instructor for Modern Dance and Choreography Workshops in Buenos Aires, Argentina at:
- Centro Cultural Borges
- Centro Cultural Konex
- Coehlo-Olguin Studio
- Ana Deutsch Studio
1994 – 1997 Ballet coach and assistant choreographer for Ballet Folklorico Argentino ‘Fortin Sur’ and Folklorico Argentino ‘Renacer’–Bahia Blanca
1991 – 1994 Ballet instructor at various cultural centers and private schools in Bahia Blanca, Argentina including Arteon & Estudio Coreografico Arte
2002 –2004 Instructor for classes in Modern Dance, Improvisation and Choreography Classes at:
- I.A.L.S. Rome
- DanzArte, Caserta
- Movimento Danza, Naples
2004 Instructor for Modern Dance Workshops at:
- Teatro Carpe Diem –Pagani /Salerno
- Dimensione Danza – Benevento
- Scuola di Danza Di Rauso – Capua
2003 Instructor for Choreography Workshops at Argentine Embassy – Rome
2002 – 2004 Tango Instructor at Associazione Culturale Labyrintho - Caserta
2002 – 2003 Ballet Instructor at Centro Studi Progetto Arte – Naples and Freedance - Caserta
1997 – 1998 Instructor for various Ballet and Modern Dance workshops in various Chilean Cultural Centers in cities including: La Serena, Combarbalà, Ovalle, Monte Patria, Cerillo de Tamaya & Sotaqui Organized and Sponsored by the Chilean Secretary of Culture.
Additional Professional Activities
University Lecture/Conference Series Anabella Lenzu - Speaker
Publications and Writing Experience
- Book: UNVEILING MOTION AND EMOTION
Exploring the importance of dance, community, choreography and dance pedagogy, Argentinean Choreographer Anabella Lenzu celebrates over 20 years of teaching dance in a book of her writings in Spanish and English. Opening her own dance school at 18, Lenzu recounts her experiences in South America, Europe, and the US along with publishing an arts magazine and creating repertory for her dance company. Lenzu's eloquent prose reveals reflexions of a life devoted to dance performance and education. Photography by Todd Carroll fully documents the performances and glimpses into the creative process behind the scenes. This book is an inspiration to dancers and teachers alike, and the first of its kind as a bilingual text on dance pedagogy. Unveiling was published in 2013.
- Editor in Chief of Nexos de la Cultura Bahiense 1998 –2000 Magazine of Art and Cultural Events. (Argentina) Bimonthly cultural magazine, Nexos’s prime objectives was growing social and artistic consciousness and publicizing and supporting cultural events. This 24-page magazine was my instrument in fostering communication and understanding among the public, art, and artists. Over the course of its three-year life, Nexos had 16 issues and a distribution of over 1,000 copies. At first, the distribution was local, but it grew to reach the most important cultural centers in Buenos Aires.
- Author of articles and reviews in La Luciernaga, Argentina, Collaborating, writing and translating articles on dance history about the pioneers of modern dance in the United States and Europe.
- Author of articles and reviews in Danza & Ballet, Spain. Collaborating, writing and translating articles on dance history about the pioneers of modern dance in the United States and Europe.
- Author of articles and reviews in Attitude: The Dancers Magazine, New York. Collaborating and writing articles & interviews.
- Author of audience reviews in The Dance Enthusiast, New York. Writing reviews.
- Member of DCA- Dance Critics Association (New York, USA) Association of– both freelance and full-time writers for newspapers, magazines and websites across the US, as well as in Europe and Asia. DCA members include critics, editors, writers and scholars, convene to discuss issues that impact the world of dance in general, and the art form of dance criticism in particular.
2006-2010 Artistic Director & Founder for Ciao Italy Performing Arts Festival in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York
2006-2007 Program Coordinator for Prelude to Dance New Choreographer’s Showcase at Studio 111 New York, USA
2003-2004 Perfomance Program Coordinator for Labyrintho Cultural Association Caserta, Italy
2002-2003 Program Coordinator for New Choreographer’s Showcase: Work in Progress for I.A.L.S. Rome, Italy
1994 - present: In Argentina for L’Atelier, developed the curriculum for this private dance school, which gives certification to become a dance instructor.
2003-2004: In Italy, collaborated with the dance schools DanzArte, Movimento Danza, and Projetto Arte to develop their Modern Dance and Ballet curriculum. She has also been a consultant for dance schools addressing curriculum and programming issues.